June 2017 LSAT takers have one burning question in mind: When exactly will my score be released?
Per LSAC, June 2017 LSAT scores are slated to be released on Thursday, July 6th, 2017. However, past LSAC score-release trends indicate that scores are almost always released earlier than the official date (except when weather conditions have interfered with the original test dates, as was the case with the February 2013 LSAT). So, even though you still have to wait to get your score, you probably won't have to wait until the score-release date designated by the test makers.
So when will you have it?
We predict that June 2017 LSAT scores will come out one day early, on Wednesday, July 5th, 2017*.
Again, this is merely a prediction, but a 1-4 day early release is common for June LSAT scores (although in 2014 and 2015 they were released 6 days early!). More crucially, the last four LSATs were released either one or two days early, and two of the last three tests (September and December 2016) were both released one day prior to the official date. So while this trend isn't guaranteed to continue it seems as though LSAC is moving away from releasing more than a day or two early as a general rule.
A release on July 5th would also be 23 days post-test, which is a common time frame for getting scores out (June releases the past three years have occurred 22 or 23 days after test day).
A few things to keep in mind:
- Even though trends indicate that scores have traditionally been released before the “score release” date stated by LSAC, there’s no guarantee they’ll do it again. All signs point to yes, but don’t bank on the fact that you’ll get yours earlier.
- Scores are released in batches over hours and sometimes days. So, your friend might get their score hours before you do. Don’t panic; you’ll still get it. You might just be in a later batch.
- Scores are not released in any sort of order (geographically, by test score, alphabetically by last or first name, etc.). So release "patterns" do not exist in any meaningful sense!
- If you have an LSAC.org online account, you will get your score via email/online by the score release date. If you registered via snail-mail and/or do not have an LSAC.org account, you will get your scores mailed to you, which can take an additional 5-7 business days.
- LSAC cannot tell you your score over the phone, no matter how much you beg. Calling and asking for it won’t yield results, so don't bother.
Good luck to all and feel free to post any questions/comments below!
**UPDATE** June 2017 LSAT scores were released on Wednesday, July 5th. Exactly as predicted!
*Note that a release on Monday, July 3rd is also a plausible scenario, and other days that week are possible as well. So assuming the test does come out before the official date, here are my odds for release days:
Wednesday, July 5th: 40% chance
Monday, July 3rd: 35% chance
Tuesday, July 4th: 15% chance (yes, LSAC is closed that day for the holiday, but they've released while closed before: on New Years Day 2015 December 2014 LSAT scores were released, for example)
Sunday, July 2nd or earlier: 10% chance (it could happen, but it would break every trend of the last six LSATs)
However, and as always, for the sake of all those anxiously waiting I hope my prediction is belated and scores are released earlier, perhaps even the last week of June!