February 2017 LSAT takers have one burning question in mind: When exactly will my score be released?
Per LSAC, February 2017 LSAT scores are slated to be released on Thursday, March 2nd, 2017. However, past LSAC score-release trends indicate that scores are almost always released earlier than the official date (except when weather conditions have interfered with the original test dates, as was the case with the February 2013 LSAT). So, even though you still have to wait to get your score, you probably won't have to wait until the score-release date designated by the test makers.
So when will you have it?
We predict that February 2017 LSAT scores will come out one day early, on Wednesday, March 1st, 2017*.
Again, this is merely a prediction, but a 1-3 day early release is common for February LSAT scores. More specifically, the last two tests (September and December 2016) were both released one day prior to the official date, and while this trend isn't guaranteed to continue it seems as though LSAC is moving away from releasing more than a day or two early.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Even though trends indicate that scores have traditionally been released before the “score release” date stated by LSAC, there’s no guarantee they’ll do it again. All signs point to yes, but don’t bank on the fact that you’ll get yours earlier.
- Scores are released in batches over hours and sometimes days. So, your friend might get their score hours before you do. Don’t panic; you’ll still get it. You might just be in a later batch.
- Scores are not released in any sort of order (geographically, by test score, alphabetically by last or first name, etc.). So release "patterns" do not exist in any meaningful sense!
- If you have an LSAC.org online account, you will get your score via email/online by the score release date. If you registered via snail-mail and/or do not have an LSAC.org account, you will get your scores mailed to you, which can take an additional 5-7 business days.
- LSAC cannot tell you your score over the phone, no matter how much you beg. Calling and asking for it won’t yield results, so don't bother.
Good luck to all and feel free to post any questions/comments below!
*Note that a release on Tuesday, February 28th, or an earlier day, or even on the official release day itself, are also probable scenarios, with the collective odds (in my opinion) only slightly lower than those for a Wednesday, 3/1 release. Between those possibilities I'd say it's a 55%/25%/20% split for Wednesday/Tuesday/Other. However for the sake of all those anxiously waiting I hope my prediction is belated and scores are released earlier, perhaps even on Monday the 27th! [odds updated slightly 2/21/17]